Eagle Project-Community Service
We will be refurbishing St. Catherine’s garden walk, Stations of the cross . This will include removing natural debris, raking and some painting.
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church
1020 Springvale Rd. Great Falls , VA 22066
(Please Park in the South East Parking lot)
10:30 AM – 3:00 PM Saturday March 8th
Contact info : HeklerAW [at] Fuma [dot] org
Mobile Number :571-926-4506
Room Phone number at school : 434-813-2223
Uniform : Class T ( Troop 55 T-Shirt )
Bring : Rakes, Paint brushes , Gloves , and Hoes
This an excellent opportunity for scouts to earn community service and participate in an Eagle Service Project.
Summer Camp at Ockanickon Scout Reservation
June 22 – June 28, 2014
Camp Ockanickon is located in Pipersville, Pennsylvania. Highlights of this awesome camp include:
- Chef-prepared food (and plenty of it!) served in an air-conditioned dining facility
- Climbing on real rocks!
- Over 65 different Merit Badges
- America’s first Science Center in a Boy Scout Camp. The best S.T.E.M. program in the country
- Air-conditioning at Ecology, Science, Handicraft, and Eagle Program Areas
- Optional tubing, rafting, and ATV programs (additional fee - more information to come later)FEES (Include camp registration and bus transportation):
$425 if paid March 6
- $450 if paid by May 28
- $465 after May 28
- $425 by May 28
Don’t forget, your mulch sales order forms are due by Tuesday, March 4th! Bennett will be at the meeting tonight (2/26) to collect forms.
3 Cubic ft bag of shredded hardwood mulch for just $4.95 per bag!
No Delivery Fee! No Administrative Costs!
Profits will support your scout, a Troop 55 Eagle Project and a local charity.
Minimum order of 20 bags
Delivery restricted to Great Falls, McLean and Sugarland Areas
Payment required at time of order. Please make check out to “BSA Troop 55”
Virginia Ground Works, LLC personnel will deliver mulch to your home on Saturday March 22nd, March 29th or April 5th 2014
Delivery site must be on or adjacent to pavement and accessible with 22 ft truck.
For questions regarding your delivery contact Steven Krop at
VAgroundworks [at] aol [dot] com or 703-930-1342
For questions regarding your order, contact Scout Coordinator Sharon Molster
Orders must be in by March 4, 2014
Prizes!!! Mulch Sales Contest 2014
- Pizza dinner for the patrol that sells the most mulch. All orders must be in by the deadline of March 4th. Pizza dinner will be awarded in January 2015.
- Prize for the most creative sales presentation. May be in the form of an oral or written presentation. Must be presented or handed in by March 6th. Prize will be awarded in January 2015. Presentation will be judged by the Scout Leadership Patrol.
When: March 15-16, 2014
Where: Great Falls, VA
Time: Arrive at the St. Francis parking lot at 7:30 on Saturday, March 15
Return to St. Francis mid-afternoon on Sunday, March 16
Troop 55 continues its backpacking ventures with a hike on the Potomac Heritage Trail, in Great Falls, VA, where the group will enjoy spectacularly scenic views. On this trip, Patrols will hike the approximately 10 mile trip, along with their Patrol Advisor, at their own pace. New Scouts will be car camping and will pack accordingly. New Scouts will meet-up with the rest of the troop at the backpacking camp site. New Scouts should bring a daypack for a short hike.
Early payment fees apply if registration & payment are received by March 5th.
Troop 55 Scouts – Please help support our sister Cub Scout Packs at their Pinewood Derby events. Contact Ms. Bell to schedule a time-slot.
Pack 55′s Pinewood Derby
Saturday, January 18th
10-4pm (9am setup)
Forestville Elementary School
Pack 673′s Pinewood Derby
Saturday, January 25th
Great Falls Elementary School
- Don’t forget to register online or register at the Troop Court of Honor meeting for the Ski Trip!
- Support the Military This Holiday Season!
Bennett M. has been collecting new and gently used DVD’s to send to our military forces in Afghanistan and Iraq (in coordination with AMVETS) as part of his Eagle project. Please help support Bennett by bringing any DVD’s you would like to donate to his project to the Wednesday 1/8 Court of Honor troop meeting. ”Children Titles” may also be donated and will be distributed to military families stateside. Your DVDs can be given to Bennett, Mr. Pan or Mr. Reuss.